Saturday, August 08, 2026

In Box CDLXXXIII

 

(Above:  In Box CDLXXXIII. Custom framed:  34" x 22".  Layers of fused polyester stretch velvet on recycled, black synthetic industrial felt with free-motion machine embroidery and melting techniques.  Click on either image to enlarge.)

I've been accepted into the Southern Highland Guild's October craft show at the Harrad's Cherokee Convention Center in Asheville.  I'm excited but I also have a unique problem!  There recent July show was quite a success.  I'm very, very low on my In Box and Stained Glass fiber art series.  My attention is now to make more artwork!  This is the first new piece headed to the show!

 
(Above:  Detail of In Box CDLXXXIII.)

Of course I didn't actually "sell out" but the artwork that didn't find a permanent home went to the Grovewood Gallery.  In fact, one of the large pieces that went to the gallery has already sold.  There's no way that I'd remove my work from the gallery walls just to fill a craft show booth!  Not when I can concentrate and make more!  Not when I am still very much in love with my process and materials!  Now ... to turn my attention to additional pieces!


No comments: