I'm gearing up for October's Craft Show of the Southern Highlands. It will take place at the Harrad's Cherokee Convention Center in downtown Asheville from Thursday, October 15 through Sunday, October 18th. Each day, hours are 10 AM to 5 PM. Yesterday I finished mounting the two pieces above and also the one below.
(Above: In Box CDLXXXVI. Custom framed: 19 1/4" x 17 1/4". layers of fused polyester stretch velvet on recycled black synthetic
felt with hand-stitched embroidery and melting technique. $375 plus tax and shipping.)
On first glance, all three might look very, very similar but the last one was entirely stitched by hand. It takes quite a bit longer to create! I really enjoy both approaches and I have another one to hand-stitch in the coming days while riding in the van to deliver artwork for a solo show in New Jersey!

No comments:
Post a Comment