Sunday, December 16, 2007

I'm going to catch up....I promise!

It is a busy time of year. I am behind in posting blog entries and sorting through hundreds of images taken while in England. I solemnly promise to catch up!

Please know that one of the reasons that I am behind is due to the fact that I've spent nearly every available "free moment" in my studio....creating art...stitching, working, making art.

I have managed, however, to finally get through the photographs. I will be posting many tomorrow. There are dozens of good pictures...memories with Steve and Mathis in Ludlow, laying siege to castle walls, exploring historic homes, and and climbing the church tower for the best view possible. I've got images of Coventry too...more than a few. I will post soon; I promise.

In the mean time, let me share a short story....

Once upon a time (a few weeks ago...before embarking on our trip to England), Steve and I decided to go to the movies, see Enchanted, eat some popcorn...you know, have a night out. It was chilly outside. I needed a sweater or coat. I went to my closet and noticed the black leather motorcycle jacket hanging on a forgotten hanger. It was purchased years ago for Mathias...after seeing Ethan Stiefel (ABT principal dancer) in Center Stage on his Harley Davidson. It is now too small for Mathias' strong, broad shoulders...but it fits me to a tee...perfect...young, sexy, black leather...what more could I want! I wore it to the movies.....

Steve and I were charged senior citizen admission.

Steve was thrilled...he saved four dollars!

5 comments:

Doreen G said...

Gee Susan how young can you be to get a seniors discount in the US in Australia the age for a seniors discount starts at 65.
Hope you enjoyed the movie.

Vivian said...

You've been tagged!
http://studiothreads.blogspot.com/2007/12/ive-been-tagged.html

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!!!! I can just picture Steve and his reaction! Don't ditch the jacket...

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha....They probably thought Steve was out with his sweet young mistress!!!! ha ha ha ha Remember the flight bag with wet bathing suits and a certain dad and daughter trying to convince the hotel reception guy that they really did want to be on the same floor as his wife??!!!! ha ha ha Fun memories!!

Anonymous said...

Better keep that jacket away from Wanda!!!!!!