Thursday, December 20, 2007

Someone's Loved Ones



It might be close to a decade that I traded a few empty frames for this cynotype print on fabric. I found it while looking for the strips of vintage quilted squares used on Bessie's Quilt. Gee, it is blue. Somehow, I knew I would use it soon. I did. I even found a piece of distressed black velvet for the back. I don't remember when I distressed it. Happily, I also used scraps of one of the backgrounds I dyed during my "month of backgrounds". The piece measures 24" x 17 1/4", as pictured with hanging device 33" x 17 1/4". (Inventory #1002!)

Jacqueline asked in a comment for the number of pieces I've got ready for my solo exhibition of Blues Chapel in Pickens County Museum. I'm not sure. I just keep making more! I'll count them soon.

4 comments:

gunnelsvensson said...

I like it very much! I am a BLUE person!

Unknown said...

Wow, I stay away for a few days and look at all the work you have here!!!!Amazing and beautiful. Love the Nile piece. So much work there! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Sue I love all your work. Tell me do you record EVERY piece you do including the postcards etc? I have long thought I aught to keep a record (rather like a recipe book) of the works I make but change my mind each time I think not to as the work is tiny - some of my finest sales have been framed works measuring 5" x 4"! Should I have recorded them??
Wishing you a very Happy Christmas!

Anonymous said...

How lovely to keep up with your work. Please tell your friend Anna that yes, yes, yes you should keep a record and picture of each and everything you do. If for no other reason than that it is viewable by those who love you. Mom