Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ready for Christmas!


(Above: Approximately 140 Christmas ornaments with one of my fiber vessels. Click on image to enlarge.)

Almost everything came from my "stash" ... a collection of "stuff" mostly bought at a local auction house, on sale at a fabric store, or acquired through the generosity of friends who leave things by my studio door. The front and back of each ornament is felt. The edges are mostly "fuzzy" yarn. The "centers" are scrap mat board from our business, Mouse House.

This is not the first time I've created such ornaments. I've been doing it for a couple years. They are sold at the South Carolina Artisan Center. They've been $10 each ... but now the commission rate has changed from 60/40% to 50/50%. So, I'm raising the price to $12 just to net the same amount. Times are tough! Hopefully, the coming holiday season will brighten the economic picture. One way or the other, making the ornaments is fun and now I'm "ready for Christmas".

1 comment:

lynda Howells said...

they look greatxx you are telling me times are tough but we artists are tough!!xx