Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Newspaper article from Arizona and new work!


Vision Gallery hosts Decision Portraits

Through July 26, Vision Gallery in downtown Chandler will be displaying Decision Portraits by Susan Lenz. The portraits are created by a Xylene photo transfer onto tea-stained muslin. Each portrait is designed differently with diverse embroidery, buttons, beads or even eggshell.


(Above: In Box C.  Unframed 13 1/2" x 9 1/2".  Framed 19" x 15". Click on image to enlarge.)

I'm especially pleased with the sensitive handling of the exhibition in this article.  The telephone interview with Mandy went very, very well ... and it shows in her writing.

In the meantime, I've finished four, small "In Box" pieces.  Three of these are headed to Earthwood Gallery in Colorado.  The fourth is my start on work needed for my booth at the Philadelphia Museum of Art's Craft Show this coming November.  I'm excited ... especially since the "In Box" series now numbers ONE HUNDRED!  Yes, the letter "C" in Roman numerals is ONE HUNDRED!


(Above: In Box XCIX.)


(Above: In Box XCVIII.)


(Above: In Box XCVIII.)

I am linking this post to Nina-Marie's "Off the Wall Fridays", a site for sharing fiber artwork.

1 comment:

Rayna said...

Cool work! I did see this when you posted it, but couldn't leave a comment. Let's hope it is working now.