Saturday, June 25, 2016

How I spent my 57th Birthday

 (Above:  Me with some of the fantastic staff of the Grovewood Gallery in Asheville, NC.  From left to right:  Artist/musician LouAnne Jordan, me, gallery manager/furniture-maker Russell Gale, and felter Karen Kennedy.)

What a wonderful way to spend my birthday! Steve and I delivered a dozen works of art to the Grovewood Gallery on the grounds of the historic Grove Park Inn and Spa in Asheville, NC.  The staff is fantastic ... all creative individuals pursuing their own forms of art, knowledgeable on all craft media, and FRIENDLY!  I am forever grateful for the many sales that result.

(Above:  Steve vacuuming the newly purchased Oriental rug.)

We made it back to Columbia in time for me to successfully bid on an Oriental rug and a Victorian, oval shaped, marbled topped end table.  These are part of the works that will transform the Sea Islands Gallery on the University of South Carolina-Beaufort's campus into my solo installation, Anonymous Ancestors.  The exhibit is in September ... and coming together just perfectly! 

2 comments:

Els said...

Happy belated birthday Susan !

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

Sounds like you had the perfect birthday!