Friday, September 21, 2018

Four New Lancet Windows

(Above:  Four New Lancet Windows.  Each one measures 31" x 11" framed. $395 each.  Click on any image to enlarge.)

Four new Lancet Window series pieces are now ready for the upcoming Philadelphia Museum of Art Craft Show, November 2 - 4.  I'm working on all sorts of other work too.  Some of it is for this great opportunity.  Some of it is for other opportunities and some of it is just for fun.  I'm frequently asked how I remain so productive.  This is my answer: I work on several things at once.  Art fuels art!  The more I work, the more work I want to make! 

 (Above:  Lancet Window CCVIII. Inventory # 4337.)

The basic design for some of these Lancet Windows is not new.  I'm constantly challenged to divide up the foundations in new and different ways with other colors and motifs. 

 (Above:  Detail of Lancet Window CCXIII.)

Soon, I'll be sharing four new "Window" series pieces because they are already constructed, stitched, melted, and ready to be framed.  This weekend will find me back in my studio making several "In Box" series pieces. 

 (Above:  Lancet Window CCXV with a descending dove motif.  Inventory # 4339.)

Making "In Box" series pieces often happens after I've cut up so much material for work resembling stained glass.  All the scraps get cut into squares.  They get used pretty quickly.

  (Above:  Lancet Window CCXIV. Inventory # 4338.)

I'm linking this blog post to Nina-Marie's "Off the Wall Fridays", a site for sharing fiber arts.

 (Above:  Lancet Window CCVI. Inventory # 4337.)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I love seeing the variety in the lancet window series. Good luck at the show!

Angela said...

Your work is stunning. I agree about working on more than one project at a time. I always have multiple projects on the go.

Jovana Del said...

So colorful and nice! Thank you for sharing♥
Would you like to follow each other? Let me know. xoxo♥

BLOG
INSTAGRAM