Friday, November 30, 2018

Seasonal Leaves, a Winter Solstice Commission

 (Above:  Seasonal Leaves: Winter.  Inventory # 4386. Framed: 28" x 22"; unframed 21" x 16".  Click on any image to enlarge.)

Several weeks ago at the Philadelphia Museum of Art Craft Show, I sold one of my Seasonal Leaves Series to a nice man.  He bought Seasonal Leaves: Summer.  I commissioned me to create another piece, Winter.  I finished it yesterday and have it boxed and ready to ship.  I've very pleased with the results but even more honored by the commission.

 (Above:  Seasonal Leaves: Winter.)

It isn't the only thing I've accomplished this week. It is simply the only thing finished.  I've been working on a new series called Freiheit.  The preliminary pieces went very well, but they happened over a year ago.  How time flies, especially when other commitments get in the way.  Plus, I had to order more artist grade, UV filtering epoxy and another gallon of GAC 400 fabric stiffener.  I'm hoping that this coming week find more than one new Freiheit piece finished.

(Above:  Exhibition shot from The Nature of Stitch, an invitational exhibition in the Sheehan Gallery at Whitman College, Walla Walla, Washington.)

In the meantime, I'd like to share one of the exhibition shots sent by the curator at Sheehan Gallery on the Whitman College campus in Walla Walla, Washington.  On the right (top) is my Two Hours at the Beach.  I'm so pleased to be in this invitational exhibition!  It really makes a difference when shows share shots like this ... because obviously I can't always attend.

2 comments:

Jan R said...

Congratulations on the commission of Winter. It is wonderful and I'm sure he will be pleased.

Jellybelly said...

Another beautiful artwork in fabric, love the detail and colour!
Sevda.