Friday, August 02, 2019

Six New Lancet Windows

(Above from left to right: Lancet Windows CCXXII, CCXXIII, and CCXXI.  Polyester stretch velvet on recycled black industrial felt with free-motion embroidery and melting techniques. Each is framed at 31" x 11" and $395.)

I've been busy.  I need to keep going!  November will be here before I know it, bringing the prestigious Philadelphia Museum of Art Craft Show with it.  I'm determined to have as much new work in my booth as possible.  These six Lancet Windows have been in the works all week and are now finished, photographed, framed and ready to go!

 (Above from left to right:  Lancet Windows CCXIX, CCXXIV, and CCXX.)

Of course if someone wants to purchase one before then, I'm happy to ship.  I love making this work and especially facing the challenge of such elongated shapes.  Several of these new pieces can hang horizontally, and that's another great challenge.  Plus, I limited the palette on one piece. It was inspired by Greek motifs in my 1868 copy of Owen Jones' Grammar of Ornament. 


Photographing these pieces was easy today.  It was bright but also overcast ... perfect for taking pictures outside on my front porch.  I took several detail shots too.  Below are my favorites.

 (Above:  Lancet Window CCXXI, detail.)

 (Above:  Lancet Window CCXXIV, detail.)

(Above:  Lancet Window CCXXIII, detail.)

1 comment:

Christine said...

Stunning!
Love the different take on CCXXIV.