Thursday, March 04, 2021

More Skeletal Leaves

(Above: Blue Skeletal Leaf in silver frame. Framed:  10" x 7 1/2". Every piece in this blog post is just $50 plus SC sales tax and shipping. If interested, drop me an email at mouse_house@prodigy.net or susan@susanlenz.com or call 803-254-0842.)

A week or so ago, I had so much fun cutting apart older work from my PLAYA Series and transforming it into the decorative background for colorful, skeletal leaves.  The leaves were donated to me by my Canadian fiber friend Margaret Blank.  The frames were cut and built by my Steve from leftover pieces of picture frame moulding in our garage.  Each one has a bit of free-motion embroidery and most have hand-stitched beads.  

(Above: Two Red Leaves. Framed: 10 1/2" x 8 3/4".)

(Above: Two Olive Leaves in dark cherry wood frame. Framed: 12" x 9 1/2".)

(Above:  Two Olive Leaves in a distressed black frame. Framed:  11 1/4" x 9 1/4".)

(Above:  Three Blue Leaves. Framed:  11" x 9".)

(Above:  Single Red Leave in gold frame with beaded lip.  Framed: 8" x 6 3/4".)
(Above:  Red Leaf in gold/black striped frame. Framed: 7 3/4" x 6 1/2".)

(Above:  Olive Leaf with copper metallic foiling and copper beads. Framed: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".)

(Above:  Olive Leaf in silver acorn frame. Framed:  6 /34" x 5 1/2".)

(Above:  Olive Leaf with tiny green sequins. Framed: 8 1/2" x 6 1/2".)

(Above:  Five Leaves in a pink frame. Framed: 13" x 11".)

 

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I'm so delighted to see what you've done with these, Susan! My mind just wouldn't go there. :-) P.S. Thanks for the pretty thank-you card - I might have to frame it!