Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Lost and Found III

(Above:  Lost and Found III. Custom picture framed: 18 1/2" x 18 1/2". Found objects hand-stitched to a section of a vintage quilt. Found objects include: a decorative, slotted serving spoon; a red, beaded coaster; eight, light blue insulin lancets; blue and yellow, plastic napkin rings; keys; vintage capacitors; eleven, pink ladybugs that were once a decorative part of a set of shower curtains; two, clear tape discs; three different brands of beer caps; two small clothespins; two thimbles; garter hooks; gold hooks and eyes; rectangular brass metal pieces; beads and buttons. Click on either image to enlarge.)

I brought all sorts of "stuff" to the workshop I conducted for QSDS (Quilt and Surface Design Symposium) in Columbus, Ohio ... including one or two of the red, beaded coasters.  I've had them for months and months.  I never thought I would ever use them.  Yet, one of the participants laid out an amazing design using one.  It was so happy and cheerful.  I had to challenge myself to work with a vibrant palette, and this is the result.  I'm very pleased with it ... especially since I also found places for the pink ladybug shower hook embellishments.  I never thought I'd use them either!  Everyone learned something in that experience!

(Above:  Lost and Found III, detail.)
 

1 comment:

Ann Scott said...

So fun. When I read your used objects list a voice in my head almost always end it with "and a partridge in a pear tree."