Wednesday, July 06, 2022

Lost and Found IV


 
(Above:  Lost & Found IV. Custom framed. 20" x 20". Found objects hand stitched to a section of a vintage applique quilt.  Found objects include:  A hand mirror; watch faces; dominoes; red Christmas tree light bulbs; two, orange juice lids; yellow, blue, and red plastic lids; Mexican mineral water and beer caps; two, miniature soft dolls; two, yellow squirt pistols; two, bright pink 3-way combs; two, bright pink 3-way combs; keys; a pet tag; pieces of a colorful but broken, floral necklace; two miniature screw drivers; lavender insulin needle caps; beads and buttons.  Click on any image to enlarge.)

I'm really having a good time with this new series. It is an off-shoot from my Found Object Mandala Series.  For this new body of work, I don't seem to need as many multiples.  It is providing me places for just two objects instead of always needing a minimum of four. 

 
(Above:  Detail of Lost & Found IV.)

I'm also enjoying the colorful palette and the use of an applique quilt.  Of course, this means that I'm now saving even more "stuff" than I was ever before!  The stash has taken over half the living room floor (upstairs ... above Mouse House where we live) and an entire table in a room downstairs (in the business area!)  Thankfully, Steve likes finding things to add to the collection!


  

(Above: Detail of Lost & Found IV.)

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Christmas tree light bulbs? I could add old ones -- including some minis! -- to your inventory. Yes, I'm collecting "stuff" for another "Susan Box"...stay tuned!