Friday, April 14, 2023

Entwined: A Group Exhibition of Textile and Fiber Art

(Above:  Installation photo of Entwined: A Group Exhibition of Textile and Fiber Art at the Marietta Cobb Museum of Art in Georgia.  Click on any of Brian Weaver's provided images.)

I've been fortunate enough to have had artwork in a variety of juried and invitational exhibits all over the country but rarely am provided dozens of high resolution images from either the show itself or the public art reception.  That isn't the case, however, with Entwined: A Group Exhibition of Textile and Fiber Art at the Marietta Cobb Museum of Art in Georgia.  Curator Madelaine Beck selected four of my Found Object Mandalas for this opportunity, was super easy to work with, and then sent a link to more than one hundred professional images taken by Brian Weaver. I'm absolutely astounded!

(Above:  Visitors admiring one of my Found Object Mandalas.)

The reception for this museum show was unfortunately on the same evening as my solo show at Piedmont Arts in Martinsville, VA.  Obviously, I went there instead ... but it would have been nice to be in "two places at once"! 

(Above:  The exhibition signage.)

This show runs through June 4th.  I'm most pleased to be included alongside the outstanding work by fourteen other textile artists.  Most of all, I'm pleased to see my work viewed as "contemporary"!  This is quite an honor.  Below are more images!




 

No comments: