Sunday, June 18, 2023

More pieces for my Patchwork Installation

(Above and below:  Individual units for my Patchwork Installation.  Click on any image to enlarge.)

Although this is the week when summer officially starts, autumn and September will be here before I know it!  My plan is to have at least one hundred pieces ready for the solo show opportunity at the Imperial Centre's art gallery in Rocky Mount, NC.  The idea is that these pieces will be hung abutting one another ... meandering up and down and across the gallery wall.  I've envisioned a stream of pieces that will even turn the corner in the gallery space.  There's a free standing wall.  The end is only 7 3/8" in width.  I have a piece for that narrow space too.  The pieces in this blog post number 70 - 78.  Already, I have about fifteen more constructed and just waiting for me to stitch together.  It is a real joy to give "second life" to these old, often well worn, and generally neglected pieces.  Now ... back to stitching!









 

No comments: