Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Two More Hand-stitched In Box Pieces!

(Above:  Me with the two, new hand-stitched In Box pieces.  Click on any image to enlarge.)

With so many miles riding in the cargo van ... back and forth to the show in Florida ... delivering art to Rocky Mount and then returning for last Sunday's reception ... and visiting the church that we bought and are having renovated ... well ... I'm getting plenty of stitching done.  Many people have problems stitching while traveling.  Thankfully, I'm not one of them!  I truly love handwork while watching the landscape and the traffic.  (Steve and I are still playing the "license plate" game!)  As a result, two more hand-stitching In Box pieces have been finished!

(Above:  In Box CDXL.  Framed 19 3/4" x 15 3/4". $375.  Layers of polyester stretch velvet fused to recycled, black industrial felt with hand embroidery. 100% cotton embroidery floss. Melting technique.)

Tomorrow Steve and I are off again!  This time we are headed to the Southeastern Quilt and Textile Museum in Carrollton, Georgia to install The Cocoon and The Clothesline.  On Sunday we are headed north to the Hudson River Valley!  I will start a two-week art residency at the Bethany Arts Community in Ossining, NY!  Steve will be driving and then flying back to South Carolina.  I will be stitching until I get there ... and then I will be stitching some more!  I have big plans for these two weeks and the start of a new installation!  More about that later!

(Above:  In Box CDXXXIX.  Framed 19 3/4" x 15 3/4". $375.  Layers of polyester stretch velvet fused to recycled, black industrial felt with hand embroidery. 100% cotton embroidery floss. Melting technique.)
 

No comments: