Saturday, June 15, 2024

A week in Salisbury, NC teaching middle and high school students

(Above and below:  Photos taken during my week conducting a fiber arts summer program for the area's talented and gifted middle and high school students at Waterworks Visual Arts Center, a regional museum in Salisbury, North Carolina.)

This past week found me at Waterworks Visual Arts Center, a regional museum in Salisbury, North Carolina.  I was the visiting artist teaching for the area's talented and gifted middle and high school students.  The aim of the week was to expose the participants to three different approaches to stitching:  by hand, by straight and zig-zig machine stitching, and by free-motion machine embroidery. 

Everyone in the workshop excelled.  On Friday, parents and friends visited for a presentation of all the things accomplished.  Lots of work was finished, mounted, and matted.  As always, I learned plenty too! 

The workshop ended on Friday.  I drove home and spent most of today (obviously, Saturday) unloading the van and then packing it for our next adventure.  Bright and early tomorrow morning, Steve and I head northeast!  We are going to Martha's Vineyard to help install an invitational fiber art show at Featherstone Gallery.  I have several pieces in the show!  We are both very excited!

 Please just keep scrolling down to see some of the pictures I shot during the week!







 

2 comments:

Ann Scott said...

That must have been great fun!

Sherrie Spangler said...

The kids look so happy!