(Above: Composite photo of five, skinny, hand-stitched In Box Series pieces. Click on any image to enlarge. From left to right, In Box CDLXXXIX, CDXC, CDXCI, CDXCII, and CDXCIII. Yes ... those Roman numerals correspond to 489, 490, 491, 492, and 493! The series was started two decades ago and the pieces come in all sorts of sizes. The "In Box" reference is for the connected squares and rectangles and the melting technique!)
Since returning from Burning Man, I've been super busy! Last weekend, Steve and I headed to Wildflowers Too, a gallery at Barnegat Light, New Jersey ... a resort destination on a barrier island. This trip was to end my solo show. We were to pick up the unsold artwork. It was wild! The nor'easter caused all sorts of flooding. The one-and-only bridge was only open for a couple of hours during low tide but we were able to get there and back after several hours of delays. Thankfully, we didn't have to drive directly home. We stayed the night with our friend Anabel in Pennsylvania. Two of the five pieces pictured above were stitched during the trip.
The photo above was from a smaller In Box piece ... same technique, same materials, just a smaller size! I'm gearing up for the Southern Highlands Craft Show, October 15 - 18 at Harrah's Cherokee Convention Center in downtown Asheville. I promise to blog again soon because more artwork is getting finished!

No comments:
Post a Comment