Friday, April 20, 2007

Tired!


I haven't posted much during the past week. As I mentioned in a previous post, I've been BUSY. The result has been TIRING! Alex and Steve took this picture of me one evening this past week. I'd fallen asleep on the sofa with one of our two cats....the one that generally will not sit with me because I "move" too much while sitting and stitching.
So, what's been going on? Well, the sale of the four, large stained glass/burnt felt pieces went through successfully. I took Strata II to DP Professionals. They loved it. We will frame it to match In Box XXIII and deliver it next week. I finalized the commission on two, smaller In Box pieces. Steve and I finished a very large order for an interior designer in Charleston. I delivered it. We framed all 38 original 8vo Audubon prints for our upcoming exhibit at Mouse House.
Yes, this last item is quite exciting. Mouse House is having its first evening exhibit. Technically, it opens next Thursday....which is also Artista Vista, the annual spring gallery event in which Vista Studios is a large part. The Audubon opening is on May 3. Thus, I've designed invitations, had them printed, and have envelops all hand-addressed. I've got to stamp them and mail them by Monday. I've also got to rehang most of our gallery space.
In the meantime, I had to rehang my studio. With the four stained glass pieces gone, everything had to be rearranged. I've also been to Tyrone Geter's opening outside my studio door, to a Vista Guild meeting, and am trying to produce more, larger In Box pieces in time for the Artista Vista show! I'm exhausted....but thrilled with this level of artistic success!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to know you get SOME sleep, SOMEwhere, SOME time! Love you, Mom