Monday, March 14, 2022

Mandala CXVII

(Mandala CXVII. 27" x 27". Found Objects hand-stitched to a section of an antique signature quilt. Found objects include: a decorative, blue-and-white china plate; brass hinges; sky blue and clear plastic napkin rings; brass grommets; silver broiche molds; metallic blue Christmas tree light reflectors; keys; jingle bells; blue Tinker Toy connectors; small, round glass prisms; long needle-like parts of prostate radioactive seed implant devices; sewing machine bobbins with white thread; expired medical devices in clear/blue plastic containers; beads and buttons. Click on either image to enlarge.)

This is the last of four Found Object Mandalas stitched on sections of an antique signature quilt.  Like the other three, I just didn't work about the names of the anonymous stitchers.  I was more concerned with attempting to balance the arrangement and colors due to the fact that the solid blue applique seemed so much "heavier" than the other, floral printed fabrics. I'm not sure that I was totally successful but nonetheless, I do like the finished piece.

(Above:  Detail of Mandala CXVII. $550 plus SC sales tax and shipping.)

I've already finished the next piece and am nearly done with the one after that.  Like normal, I got behind on my blogging.  This time I have a good excuse.  The weekend was cold and rainy.  I participated in a local, outdoor art sale and nearly froze to death.  Okay ... that's an exaggeration ... especially since I live in South Carolina where "cold" is anything under forty degrees! LOL!  The sale was only on Saturday.  (Thank goodness!) I spent all of yesterday recovering ... which means I stitched in my nice, warm living room.
 

1 comment:

Ann Scott said...

I read "long needle-like parts of prostate radioactive seed implant devices" and thought - Yes, only Susan! I think you did a great job balancing the arrangement and color on that background quilt.