Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Mandala CXVIII

(Above:  Mandala CXVIII. 22" x 22". Found objects hand-stitched to a section of a vintage quilt. Found objects include: a brass, snowflake shaped trivet; a small, silver brioche mold; six, decorative souvenir spoons from Germany; pin holders; yellow Tinker Toy connectors; an entire set of checkers (tan and brown); shower curtain hangers; paisley-shaped charms; four, brass hinges; beer caps; small, clear glass prisms; buttons and beads.  Click on either image to enlarge.)

On a recent weekend trip to Hilton Head Island, Steve and I visited several thrift stores in search of "multiples" for my Found Object Mandala Series.  Shopping with Steve is different from shopping alone.  I'm cheap.  I'll pass by items that have double-digit price tags regardless of how unique they might be.  Steve is easily the better shopper (which is why he's known by first name in our local grocery store! LOL!)  I would NEVER have considered the set of six, decorative souvenir spoons from Germany.  They were in a lovely clasped box and cost $30.  Steve, however, insisted they were perfectly wonderful. 

 
(Above:  Detail of Mandala CXVIII.)

Okay ... I admit it ... Steve was right!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Yes, Steve was right! ;-) By the way, I recognize that trivet! I have one just like it -- and I hang it on a wall near the front door every Christmas. Sorry, but it won't be wending its way to one of your mandalas just yet!

Kathy Pitts said...

Your mandalas are truly amazing, I love them all.