Friday, April 29, 2022

Going to TEXAS !!!

(Above:  Nine new Relics.  Click on any image to enlarge.)

Last week was SO EXCITING!  My Found Object Mandalas were accepted into the Smithsonian Craft Show. (April 20 - 24)  I was Booth 507, a 10' x 20' foot space surrounded by 119 of the best craft artists in the USA.  Several pieces found permanent homes. I reconnected with friends and met lots of new people.  Steve and I drove home on Monday, unpacked on Tuesday, and did necessary "paperwork" (like paying the DC sales tax) on Wednesday.  There were plenty of other things that were on our "immediate to do list" because we are actually leaving town again!  Tomorrow, we drive to Greenville, Georgia for the reception for my solo show Once & Again at Artisans on the Square. Then, we drive to the Atlanta airport for a flight to San Antonio, Texas.  Our plan is to take a rental car to Big Ben National Park, go hiking, and return for two days in San Antonio.  

(Above:  Relic CCLIX. Framed:  11" x 8 1/2". $75. Each Relic is layers of polyester stretch velvet fused to upholstery fabric with free-motion machine stitching, hand stitching, and beading.  This one does not have glass ... because it doesn't need it!  

Despite having so much to do, I haven't been neglecting my embroidery.  I started these nine Relics before leaving for DC and finished them earlier today.  Generally, I make them while conducting a workshop but there haven't been workshops for two years due to COVID-19.  With workshops coming up, I decided to make a few more.  They serve as examples plus ... THEY ARE FUN!

 
(Above: Relic CCLVII.  Framed: 7" x 6 1/2". $60. No glass here either.)
 
Thankfully, the world is starting to return to in-person events ... including me teaching at QSDS in Ohio in June and at Aya Fiber Studio in Florida in December.  I'm also busy stitching Christmas ornaments ... because ... well ... the holidays will be here soon enough. 

 
(Above:  Me in Booth 507 at the Smithsonian Craft Show.)

Before showing the rest of the Relics, here's two photos from Washington, DC. 

(Above:  Steve and me at the Jefferson Memorial on Sunday morning ... before the last day of the Smithsonian Craft Show.)

Below are the rest of the recently finished Relics.  To purchase, just drop me an email at mouse_house@prodigy.net.  The price is before SC sales tax (even on out-of-state transactions ... because South Carolina is just one of those pesky states) and before shipping.  I can't ship until I return, but I can estimate the shipping and send a PayPal invoice beforehand.  It is amazing just how much technology has changed our world and how much one can do even on one's cell phone!

(Above:  Relic CCLXVIII. Framed: 9" x 7". $60. No glass.)
(Above:  Relic CCLX. Framed: 12 3/4" x 10 3/4". $75. No glass.)
(Above:  Relic CCLXI. Framed with mat and glass: 17" x 11". $100.)
 
(Above:  Relic CCLXII. Framed with mat and glass: 12 1/2" x 11 1/2". $100.)
(Above:  Relic CCLXIII. Framed with mat and glass: 14 3/4" x 10 3/4". $100.)
(Above:  Relic CCLXIV. Framed with mat and glass: 13 1/4" x 12 1/4". $100.)

 (Above:  Relic CCLXV. Framed without glass: 6 3/4" x 6 3/4". $60.)

1 comment:

Ann Scott said...

Thanks for sharing all of this and congratulations on your sales and all the up coming good happenings. Safe and happy travels to you and yours.