Saturday, August 12, 2006

Images from AMERICAN DREAM








These are some of the pages, including the title page for my recent altered book American Dream. I've taken digital images of all the pages, approximately forty-two spreads. My son Alex is working on a video. We have to find background music. I wanted "Home on the Ranch" but only a bad melodramatic vocal recording is available on line. I'll try the library tomorrow for better, instrumental Americana music. Much of the technology escapes me, but I'm learning. In the meantime, I'm currently working on a mosaic. It is a charity piece for Columbia Classical Ballet. The event is supposed to be a silent auction for artistically done pointe shoes. I've totally cut my pair apart and created miniature "tiles" from the soles and hardened areas of satin and paper. With paint and various beads, I'm making a tribal inspirated mosaic on wood. Tomorrow will be another, wonderful day in the studio.

1 comment:

MysteryKnitter said...

That book looks interesting.