Thursday, August 10, 2006

More Photos from the Blues Chapel




Okay, I think I've got the hang of this! Here's another image from Sumter! The twenty-four Blues Singers are on the wall, in front of the pews. Each of these images is an acrylic transfer created from a stylized photo found on-line and subjected to a series of PhotoShop filters. The transfers were applied to a previously acrylic painted background on an 8-ply rag mat board, 11 X 14. Gilded halos, paint, and found objects were added to each image. The pieces also include reverse glass painting for the names and dates and other information about each singer. Billie Holiday seems to be everyone's favorite piece. I probably could have sold her a few dozen times already, but I'm trying to show the entire installation. Hopefully, I'll have other opportunities

No comments: