Wednesday, May 23, 2007

In Box XXXII



I finished In Box XXXII shortly after In Box XXXI. I want four of these for my solo exhibition at Francis Marion University. I still have XXX. I'm already at work of the next one. I've got another idea for the one after that...using all earth toned velvets and doing the free motion embroidery exclusively in leaf patterns. Just an idea.

Since joining the Fiber Arts Friends blog ring, I've received some wonderful feedback about this series of work. At least one writer suggested that I post a step-by-step description of the process. I think this is a wonderful idea. Frankly, I'm more than a bit flattered that there are people so interested. I've learned so many interesting things from other's blogs, it is nice to know I have something to share. I've started documenting In Box XXXIII already.

1 comment:

Alis Clair said...

Your work is wonderful. I love the colours you use and I am a lover of texture and your work makes me want to reach out and touch.

Hugs, Alis

PS> I need your e-mail addy to send you some info ;0) A