Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Stitching in the Car


I planned to do all the hand stitching on this piece last Saturday while riding in the car to Atlanta and back. I forgot that the sun goes down, the car gets dark, and embroidery just can't be done under these conditions. So, I finished the handwork on Sunday, did the free-motion embroidery yesterday, and photographed it today. It's another piece that is a "spin off" of my "Elements in Architecture" series. I'm calling the series "Elements in Blue". Instead of giving each piece a Roman numeral, I'm giving each a comma and another name. Thus, this is Elements in Blue, Madonna and Child.

4 comments:

Dianne said...

Sooo gorgeous Susan!! Your embroidery pieces are always so detailed. I love the shades of blue.

Micki said...

Another wonderful piece. You amaze me with each new one.

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

Love your blue work.

SeamRippstress said...

Intricate and all done in a moving car! Your work is just amazing Susan!