Today I posted pictures from the trip to England. There's an entry about Coventry and two about beautiful Ludlow. There's also more pictures of the German Holiday Market and another post with shots of Steve and/or Mathias. I put all these things, however, on my Family Blog. Why? I really wanted to post lots of photos...mostly to share with family. This blog is more about my artistic journey. Sure, travel images do inspire me....but, I can always look at them there...so can anyone else! Just click here.
I'm almost caught up...almost ready to take some pictures of my latest work....and I've also been tagged by Vivian. I've been tagged before...last June. Here's what I said then:
1) Both my boys were born on their due dates.
2) I put my husband through graduate school by delivering singing and dancing telegrams in Columbus, Ohio.
3) I graduated from Ohio State University with honors in Medieval and Renaissance Studies (Phi Beta Kappa at age 20). The senior honors thesis was written under the same man that later became my graduate adviser in History of Art. Thankfully, I quit after a year. This adviser was later arrested for taking a pen knife to precious documents in the Vatican Library and trying to sell them through antiquarian print dealers. I think he's now either dead or in prison. (I still adore 14th century Tuscan art!)
4) When I was eight years old (or younger...hard to remember), I spun a gerbil exercise wheel at my great uncle's house and killed a tiny gerbil. For years I thought I was going straight to hell for breaking one of the ten commandments. (I also lied about it!)
5) I take advise from my nineteen year old elder son because he's smarter than me, world famous, and closer to "perfect" than anyone I've ever known.
6) I know that God has a sense of humor because he blessed me with my younger son who is quite like me and very, very difficult...totally unique.
7) I am extraordinarily apprehensive and nervous about my fiber work because I lack an academic background, don't know the name of many stitches, can't make anything "useful" with any of my sewing machines, and haven't read many books (including the ones I own).
Here's what I'll add:
1) I'm afraid of sharks.
2) I hate cranberries.
3) I wash my hair every other week. (Okay, I have to wet it down in the morning and control the curls but it really doesn't need washed more often!)
4) I stopped wearing make-up last year when I got glasses. I love my glasses
5) I prefer total quietness to any sort of music, often working in beautiful solitude for hours.
6) I have forgotten all math past simple adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing....and I can't figure out a calculator....I do all math by longhand, including fractions for cutting mats. I'm very good at this.
7) I haven't mastered the "clickers" for the television...so I don't watch unless someone's there to turn it on for me. The only TV in the house has a 21" diagonally measured screen; the computer has a 19" one. This is perfect.
Last June I happily provided the list above. I rather enjoyed doing this one too, but like last June I'm going to skip the part about tagging others! Sorry Vivian! It's just not in my nature! (I'm on a campaign to become a "wild animal"....incapable of all domestic tasks and other activities that I don't fancy. So far, Steve is doing all the cooking, laundry, grocery shopping and much of the household cleaning....and I'm not going to tag anybody either!)