Monday, November 24, 2008

At a Glance, miniature art quilt


(Click on image above to enlarge. At a Glance. Miniature art quilt. 22" x 15". Xylene transfer on tea-stained muslin atop golden ochre Irish linen, previously painted WonderUnder/Bond-a-Web, silver metallic foiling, chiffon scarf and tulle, machine embroidery.)

My husband Steve and I have been very, very busy since my return from Maine. All the picture framing work that piled up in my absence was matched by a couple of major jobs....but....today most of the finished pictures were delivered to two very, very ritzy cottages beside the exclusive Cassique golf clubhouse on Kiawah Island. I'm now almost totally free to concentrate on CYBER FYBER details.....and my own stitching.

Even so, every late afternoon and early evening, I've been embroidering a new art quilt. I'll post it soon. I took a little break over the weekend to put together the miniature art quilt above. I'm calling it At a Glance. It was constructed from an unsuccessful transfer for my Decision Portrait Series. This is my first attempt at a "quickie"....a journal-like miniature quilt. It was fast and fun...a freeing experience!

Below are a couple of shots of the Cassique cottages. Ah....to be a rich golfer!

(Above: Cottage B....including a gorgeous chandelier being unloaded.)

(Above: Living are of Cottage B).

(Above: Living area of Cottage A.)

4 comments:

Lee said...

eh, being a rich golfer is highly overrated ;) congrats on getting caught up!

Genie said...

Lovely Quilt

Wanda said...

Hurray! All caught up...at least for the day! Your art quilt is very pretty. Very different from what you normally do. At least I think. The cottages are beautiful but I don't think I'd want to live there...I doubt I could vacuum the whole house using just one plug. That's how I decide if my home is too big!! ha ha ha I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

SONYASPHERE said...

What a dump...I can't believe you would even go in there!