Tuesday, November 03, 2009

ACCEPTED INTO ARTQUILT ELEMENTS 2010


(Above: Father and Mother, Grave Rubbing Quilt. 29" x 30". Crayon on silk rubbings. Vintage drawn work linen. Silk. Hand and free-motion machine embroidery. Click on image to enlarge.)

Over the past Halloween weekend my husband Steve and I went to Oregon for a magical time....exploring the sand dunes, rocky coastline, the caves, Crater Lake, and lots of wilderness trails. We sampled microbrews and skate (yes...I ate part of a "sting ray!"). One night we were in the Crown Plaza presidential suite; one night in a rustic seaside cabin with a fireplace; one night in a treehouse called the Peacock Roost....30 feet above ground. Photos are coming.

In the meantime, I received an email confirming the acceptance of Father and Mother into the prestigious ArtQuilt Elements 2010 international juried show in the Wayne Art Center outside Philadelphia, PA! This is my first truly "international" show! The list of accepted work is HERE. I'm over the moon about this!

13 comments:

Annica said...

Congratulations Susan! Well done! I'm very happy for you! :-)

Dawn said...

Way to go!!!! Congratulations on making it into the show -- I hear it is one step away from the Quilt National!!! And your trip sounds fantastic. You do know how to have fun while traveling.

And you know I adore your work!
Dawn
www.subversivestitch.blogspot.com

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Good for you Susan! Huge congratulations headed your way.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Very exciting news! I love what you have been doing with the grave rubbings. Even the backs! Isn't western Oregon an amazing place. I had read about the tree house place and I bet it was fun. Looking forward to the photos!!

Greg said...

Congratulations Susan. Your work is amazing and your trip sounded like you had fun.

Linda Robertus said...

That's wonderful Susan, congratulations!

beadbabe49 said...

oh excellent! It feels so good to have work accepted into such a prestigious show!
You picked a good weekend to be here...tomorrow the rains begin again.

Val Foster said...

Wow Susan, that is simply fantastic news about the quilt show. Also much deserved. You are indeed a fabulous artist. Big Congratulations and major kudos to you!!! It couldn't happen to a nicer person.

I can't wait to see pictures of your wonderful trip. What fun!

arlee said...

Congrats The Suze! I was going to try but never finished my piece in time....

Unknown said...

Congratulations Susan, you deserve it!

Fannie said...

Congrats, Susan! BRAVO!!!! Your work is awesome.

I look forward to meeting you in Denton on the 21st. I plan to be there! How long will you be in town?

Wanda said...

Oh Susan...I'm so happy for you!!

Cindi said...

Just catching up on your blog -- congrats on this show! What a coup!