Monday, September 27, 2010

Presentation for the Fiber Guilds in the Charleston area


This past Saturday I presented a brief "lecture" at The City Gallery at Waterfront Park for members of the Palmetto Fiber Arts Guild and The Cobblestone Quilters Guild. It was lots and lots of fun to be among fellow textile artists.....talking about my work....and sharing some of it in a "trunk show" sort of fashion.

I prepared by typing up a "script" which I didn't follow but used as a "guide" to keep myself on track. Then everyone was invited up to the table for a little "hands on" sort of sharing. We talked about techniques and working methods. We laughed about our shared compulsions with thread of all kinds.

Next Saturday is the "public artist's lecture". It is going to be a Power Point presentation and totally different from this presentation. I'm planning on discussing my development as an installation artist with images of both past and upcoming works as well as a brief history of how the current installation, PERSON GROUNDS, was conceived and created. It promises to be lots of fun too!

Please click on any image to enlarge.






3 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

Looks like you had an attentive audiance...and I like seeing the guys looking at the art on the walls behind you. Wish I could have been there too.

Linda of the Lake said...

As always, Susan, thanks for sharing your life with all of us. We can and do read over and over again and wait for the next posting. I love the computer for this.

SONYASPHERE said...

When they make a movie about you and your awesomeness can Monica Bellucci play me? Of course I'm sure they can find some wolf make-up for "the early years" scenes!!! Susan Sarandon can be you (although she is too old..I'm sure they can botox her..she'd be great)....