Monday, December 20, 2010

Four New "Windows"


(Above: Window XVIII. Framed 17 3/4" x 15 3/4". Click on image to enlarge.)

I've tried hard to prevent the busy holiday season from intruding on my personal studio time. It isn't easy but I've managed. As a result, I've got four new "Windows" to share!


(Above: Window XIX. Click on image to enlarge.)


(Above: Window XX. Click on image to enlarge.)


(Above: Window XXI. Click on image to enlarge.)

I've also decided to try a new size .... long and skinny. The measurements will be approximate 28" long by 8 " in width. The Edelweiss colored linen mat board on which each will be stitched will be 30" x 10". I can get four pieces mounted from a single sheet of mat board. It is financially important to maximize my framing materials ... but it also feels good not to be wasting anything. The first one is nearly finished so there will be photos coming soon! These will be called "Lancet Windows". According to Wikipedia, the definition of a lancet window is: "a tall narrow window with a pointed arch at its top. It acquired the "lancet" name from its resemblance to a lance."



(Above: Window XVIII framed and hanging on the wall here at Mouse House. Click on image to enlarge.)

With the mention of "framing", here's a photo of Window XVIII in its frame. It is stitched to the very palest "sea grass" green mat board ... which is likely just a green tinted off white ... with a matching silk liner and a dark frame with a distressed silver lip. The glass is between the liner and the frame ... which holds the glass away from the artwork. Now ... back to work!

2 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

I love these so so so much. They intrique and delight me! Just simply wonderful art!!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Lynn, wonderful creations. So much detail to enjoy.