Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Decision Portraits at Vision Gallery!


(Above:  Front of the exhibition postcard.  Click on image to enlarge.)

Steve and I are quite excited that the coming weekend will find us in Chandler, Arizona at Vision Gallery with the opening reception for my solo show, The Decision Portraits.  We are flying out on Friday, attending the opening on Saturday from 4 - 6 and driving to Organ Cactus Cactus National Monument ... visiting ghost towns ... and the the Yuma Territorial Prison State Historic Park


(Above:  Reverse of the exhibition postcard.  Click on image to enlarge.)

This will be the first time that the portraits will be displayed with full statements ... basically, the behind-the-scene story on each work.  These narratives are all on-line, on my Decision Portrait Series blog (which does read like a book!)  I can't wait to see people's reactions when confronted by both the stitched portrait and the full explanation.  I'm also excited because publicity is happening ... as in this article in the Central Arizona!  I'll be blogging about this trip and show in the coming week!  Can't wait!



No comments: