Friday, September 27, 2013

Decision Portraits at the University of South Carolina's Sumter gallery

 
(Above:  The pieces selected for the show in Sumter.  Click on image to enlarge.)

Decision Portraits, solo show at the University Gallery at USC Sumter, Sumter, SC. October 11, 2013 - January 27, 2014. A curated selection from the series. Artist talk and reception: Friday, October 11th from 5:30 - 7:30 PM. 

I'm thrilled to have this opportunity to once again share a selection of the 108 portraits in the Decision Portrait Series! The pieces that will be installed next Tuesday are:
Atheist
Aylah
Bald is Beautiful
Behind on the Mortgage
Blood Donor
Broken Nest
Buddhist
Cheater
Cold Turkey
College Student
Death Wish
Drag Queen
DUI I
Expatriate
Family Role Models
Fighting Illiteracy
First Love
For Science
Foreigner
Gift of Life
Happily Ever After Again
Happy Family
Husband II
Illegal Immigrant
Kidney Donor
Living with HIV
Muslim
On Fighting Cancer I and II
Overcoming Childhood Sexual Abuse
Patriot
Poet
Pro Choice
Pulling the Plug
Recycler
Smoker
Solidarity
Someone Else's Miracle
Soul Mates
Standing Up for Peace
State of the Economy
Tattoo Artist
Teenage Mother
Twenty-Five Years Sober

 
(Above:  The Button Dress ... photo from the ManneqART website. Photo by Irvin Simon Photographers.  Model:  Hannah Floyd.)

Although I've finished two large, stained-glass window pieces, I'm behind on my photography so will share these later.  Why am I behind?  Well, today Steve and I are headed to the McMinn County Living Heritage Museum in Athens, Tennessee.  Believe it or not, I'm the featured speaker ... it is actually listed as such!  I'm very excited to be sharing ideas for non-traditional materials for fiber artwork as a source for inspiration.  (My husband Steve is supposed to take some photos.)  

From Tennessee, we are driving to the Horowitz Visual and Performing Art Center in Howard County, Maryland for the ManneqART gala.  The Button Dress has won the "Nightmare Award" of $500 plus tickets to this art/formal event.  What a weekend.  

I'm linking this post to Nina-Marie's "Off the Wall Fridays", a site for sharing fiber art.

Below is a personalized business card provided for the upcoming Washington Craft Show, November 1 - 3!  I can't wait!

 



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sucesso, sucesso, sucesso!!!!
Você merece, seu trabalho é muito bom!
Um abraço!
Egléa

Success, success, success!!
You deserve it, your work is very good!
Hugs!
Egléa

Gwyned Trefethen said...

That button dress is gorgeous. It could be the definition of upcycling. From mental institute to "Vogue."

Wanda said...

So many exciting wonderful things! Thank you for including my Portrait. Funny how it's now 30years! I'm so happy for you for such a successful year...and more is to come!

Wanda said...

Could you send me one of those business cards??

Linda Laird said...

Dear Susan,
You and I keep almost meeting each other, or at least our work does! My quilt "Forgiveness" in in the show at the McMinn history center.
I think I'm in good company if my work shares a venue with yours.

Hope we meet in the flesh someday,

Linda Laird