Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Three New Lancet Windows

(Above:  Lancet Window  CCV.  Framed:  31" x 11". $395.)

I've recently finished these three, new Lancet Windows.  They will be headed to the Philadelphia Museum of Art Craft Show, November 9 - 12 ... which seems like a long way off but will undoubtedly be here in the blink of an eye. 

 (Above:  Lancet Window CCIII.  Framed: 31" x 11". $395.)

I've got several other pieces in various stages ... being constructed/fused ... being stitched ... being melted ... being mounted and framed.  More work is coming and I'm keeping busy!  

(Above:  Lancet Window CCV. Framed: 31" x 11". $395.)

Later this afternoon my husband Steve and I are attending a reception for all the artist's with work selected as images to cover local electrical boxes.  In Box CCLXXIII is featured at the corner of Gervais and Lincoln Street. (CLICK HERE for a blog post.) Tomorrow is the monthly art walk in Spartanburg, SC which coordinates with the reception for my solo show, Anonymous Ancestors, at the university's Gallery on Main.   Once upon a time, I used to get so excited about art receptions (whether I had work on display or not).  This week, however, I'm conflicted.  I need the time in my studio.  I'd rather be creating than celebrating.  I wonder if other artists feel this way or not? 


No comments: