Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Lunette XXX

(Above:  Lunette XXX. Inventory # 4235.  Framed: 22" x 28". $495. Polyester stretch velvets on recycled black packaging felt with free-motion machine embroidery and melting techniques.  CLick on any image to enlarge.)

Now that all my work has returned from my solo show at Waterworks Visual Art Center in Salisbury, North Carolina, I have been able to figure out just what I want to make before next month's ACC (American Craft Council) show in Atlanta.  This is the first of two Lunettes I plan to create.  I love making these pieces.

 (Above:  Lunette XXX, detail.)

I will also be making some more In Box Series pieces too.  So, stay tuned!

(Above:  The Key to Fortune.  Framed: 7" x 6 1/4". $40.)

Of course, I can't help myself when it comes to keys.  Here's another one!

I am linking this blog post to Nina-Marie's "Off the Wall Fridays", a site for sharing fiber arts. 

3 comments:

Linda M said...

I love the key piece, it's giving me ideas on how to use the wad of keys I have.

OdnowionaJa said...

I have never seen something like that. Masterpiece. Absolutely amazing. Beautiful colours. <3
Greetings. Have a nice weekend. :)

Norma Schlager said...

I saw this on your FB page and loved it. Love it still!