Monday, May 10, 2021

The Clothesline Installation by Susan Lenz


I started installing The Clothesline last Saturday, the day after I finished putting up my solo show, The Big Day, at the nearby Pickens County Museum of Art and History.  A trip to Bivens Hardware store provided much needed equipment but more was needed. In spite of this, the installation survived last night's rain.  I returned to Bivens today, Monday, and bought tent pegs, rope, and more upright electrical conduits.  This is the result. The installation is doing quite well even in the strong winds!  I'm so pleased! 

5 comments:

Marni said...

You never know what you are going to encounter - especially with an outdoor installation. I love reading about how you figure them out.

Suzann Zoltner said...

So nice to see your hands again. They look absolutely lovely, gently waving.

Susan Lenz said...

Thank you Marni and Suzann! I learned plenty from my two days installing The Clothesline and plan on writing another blog post describing the hilarious things that happened. By the way, only a little more than half the pieces managed to get on the clothesline. While I still have other vintage linens that could be transformed with hand prints, I think I better stop!

Ann Scott said...

Thanks for sharing this video of your wonderful hand prints/The Clothesline. I look forward to reading more. Also, congratulations on your wedding day/dress exhibit, it looks spectacular and I'm amazed by how quickly your vision became reality. Lucky those who get to see it in person.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

totally amazing, awesome as well...good pegging on your part :-)