Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Mandala CXX

(Above:  Mandala CXX.  Custom framed:  27" x 27" when hung as a square; 38" x 38" as a diamond. Found objects hand-stitched to a section of a vintage quilt. Found objects include:  a unique Popsicle and wooden bead trivet from a friend's sister's 1970s summer camp experience; carved wooden donkeys/mules; plastic bottle caps; four stars removed from metal napkin rings; and buttons.  Click on either image to enlarge.)

Before going to Norfolk, Virginia for the weekend, I finished stitching this new piece in my Found Object Mandala Series.  I even had it framed and photographed but not blogged.  Since then, I've finished two more, much smaller mandalas.  I'll be posting images of them soon.  One of the brilliant things about maintaining a blog is the needed pressure to finish a piece properly ... and by that I mean:  photograph it, price it, enter it into my inventory book, put a label on the back, and then blog it!  It's a routine and a good habit ... even when I get slightly behind!


(Above:  Detail of Mandala CXX.)

To be honest, I didn't really know I had enough of the maple colored wooden mules/donkeys until I stitched Mandala CXIX.  Once I stitched the first forty+ animals to that mandala, I could actually sort the rest of the box.  Amazingly, I still have more!  I've moved away from these wooden toys ... for now ... but I wouldn't be surprised if I return to the rest of the herd!

1 comment:

Ann Scott said...

Again your background quilt piece is perfect for your design; a lovely combination of elements.