Monday, October 17, 2022

Mandala CXXXVIII and CXL

(Above:  Mandala CXXXVIII. Custom framed: 24" x 24". Found objects hand-stitched to a section of a vintage quilt. Found objects include: A glass floral frog, wooden clothespins; four silver napkin rings; eight drawer pulls; four Tinker Toy connectors; hard cider bottle caps; four metal plates that read "Fill Every Day"; and assorted buttons. $350 plus tax and shipping.  Click on any image to enlarge.)

Last Wednesday I blogged Mandala CXXXIX.  I do not know why I forgot about Mandala CXXXVIII but I did.  I hadn't snapped a photo but I did create a label and enter it into my inventory book.  Honestly, I thought I had a well established habit ... finish a piece, photograph it, list it in the inventory book, create a label for the reverse, and then BLOG IT.  Somehow, that didn't happen and I didn't even realize it until Mandala CXL was finished!

(Above:  Detail of Mandala CXXXVIII.)

I was really thrilled to stitch this piece.  The clothespins were sent by a dear friend, Nancy Cook.  Someone else sent the cute hard cider bottle caps but I've forgotten who (but I am very grateful!)  I don't know what the "Fill Every Day" metal plates were for.  I got them at an auction along with some of the five "speed" indicators I used on Mandala CXL.  In fact, there were all sorts of metal "things" on that table lot.  I just don't know where they came from or what they were once attached to.

(Above:  Mandala CXL.  Custom framed: 18 1/2" x 18 1/2". Found objects hand-stitched to a block of a vintage quilt.  Found objects include:  a glass circle from an old lamp; five shoe horns; five metal "speed" plates; Lincoln logs; red, plastic lids with external tooth lock washers; hair clips; heart shaped and round buttons; beads. $250.00 plus tax and shipping.)

This piece was a challenge.  I had five shoe horns and no prospects for finding more.  Yet, they really did seem to create a nice star effect!

(Above:  Detail of Mandala CXL.)

So now ... I think I'm caught up with my blogging ... until tomorrow!  I'll be finishing another piece later tonight!  This series is so addictive!

No comments: