Saturday, July 08, 2023

Passing My Goal for 100 Pieces!

(Above:  The Patchwork Installation, in boxes and waiting for my solo show at the Imperial Centre Art Gallery in Rocky Mount, NC.  Click on any image to enlarge.)

I'm busy ... and excited ... ahead of schedule ... and most of all LOVING this series!  The goal was to create at least one hundred units for the Patchwork Installation.  My imagination already sees them hanging at the Imperial Centre Art Gallery in Rocky Mount, NC.  They will be abutting one another while meandering up-and-down and around the gallery walls in my solo show, Once & Again: Alterations, which opens on September 1st.  .

(Above:  One of the pieces being stitched while I ride in our cargo van.)

Originally, the goal seemed too lofty, impossible, and totally insane ... but that's not how the effort has progressed.  I am deeply committed to this project.  Turning the scraps of vintage textiles and lace and doilies has proved to be WONDERFUL!  I love this!  I adore giving "second life" to these bits and pieces.  I've even stitched on some while riding in our cargo van!

As a result of the many hours of hand-stitching, I passed the 100 mark this week ... but I'm not quitting.  More pieces will come into existence if for no better reason than I have time to make them.  So ... scroll down to see the ones finished this week.  There will be more! 














 

No comments: