Friday, September 06, 2024

Going to GreenHill's Winter Show

(Above:  In Box CDLVII.  Custom framed:  21 1/4" x 17 1/4".  Layers of fused polyester stretch velvet on recycled black packaging felt with free-motion embroidery and melting techniques.  Click on either image to enlarge.) 

I'm very proud to announce that three of my pieces will be in the upcoming GreenHill Center for NC Art's Winter Show!  This is an invitational opportunity for me because ... well ... I'm not actually in North Carolina.  (The organization takes into account a few artists from outside their state who have been active within the state!  With a solo show last year at the Imperial Centre in Rocky Mount, NC, a couple of acceptances in juried NC shows, and representation at the Grovewood Gallery in Asheville ... well ... I've been active!) 

(Above:  In Box CDLVIII. Custom framed:  21 1/4" x 17 1/4".  Layers of fused polyester stretch velvet on recycled black packaging felt with free-motion embroidery and melting techniques.)

Twice before, my work has been requested.  Twice before, my work sold in this highly anticipated annual event.  Steve and I have even gone to one of the openings.  It was a big deal!  I created these two In Box series piece especially for this event.

 
(Above:  Freiheit II. 2017. Framed:  31" x 19".  Layers of fused polyester stretch velvet and strips of chiffon scarves with free-motion machine embroidery and under a layer of UV filtering epoxy.)

From my website, the committee selected this older work.  I'm very excited about that!  It means that someone actually is looking at my website!  Some days, I'm not so sure about this! LOL!

1 comment:

Angela said...

That is so cool! Congratulations!