Sunday, August 02, 2026

Mandala CCLXXXV: PEZ and Dominoes

 

(Above:  Mandala CCLXXXV: PEZ and Dominoes.  Custom framed: 27" x 27".  Found objects hand-stitched to a section of a vintage quilt. Objects include:  A yellow child's 45 record with a glass floral frog and a large pink button; PEZ dispensers; assorted bottle caps; dominoes; toddler snack lids; golf tees; antique poker chips; coasters from a craft brewery on Hilton Head Island; red and green plastic lids; assorted beads and buttons.  Click on any image to enlarge.)

Like Mandala CCLXXXIV: Boy Scouts, this Found Object Mandala was stitched before the Southern Highland Guild's Craft show but never mounted, framed, photographed, and blogged.  I had just too much to do in order to prepare for the show!  Finally, I finished this very colorful piece!

The PEZ dispensers were found at the Pickens County flea market. Steve and I go almost every Wednesday.  Sometimes, we find nothing at all. Sometimes, we find something special that sparks an idea for a new mandala ... like these PEZ dispensers did!  This piece came together very quickly despite the length of time it took to finally finish!

 
(Above:  Detail of Mandala CCLXXXV: PEZ and Dominoes.)

I only had a bit of trouble with the Nemo fish dispenser.  Its tail made the backside "un-flat".  I had to put two buttons under one side in order to get the fish staring straight forward!  Thankfully, it looks good now!

 
(Above:  Detail of Mandala CCLXXXV: PEZ and Dominoes.)

Ordinarily, I haven't swiped coasters from the craft breweries we've visited but the place in Hilton Head said I could take four.  I knew these colorful coasters would come in handy one day!  Perhaps I'll ask in the next brewery!



No comments: