Monday, May 07, 2007

Open Studios



The two day event is now over. Vista Studios had over 380 people peeking into our studios. We talked about art, inspiration, processes, and techniques. We made new friends too because lots of the people had never been to our location. Many were from out of town. Lots of parents brought older children in order to encourage their artistic interests. I had several kids try free motion machine embroidery. There were art students and couples ranging in age from the early twenties to the late seventies. It was great fun...very stimulating. I got lots of positive feedback and even some good suggestion for future ideas and opportunities. I'm posting some of the pictures I took of my fellow artists in the Vista Studios cooperative. I am so lucky to be surrounded by such diversity and talent.



This is Pat Callahan showing her figurative drawings and shadowboxes to a visitor.



This is Sharon Licata showing her sculpture to an interested couple.



This is Heidi Darr-Hope with a nice lady.



This is Laura Spong showing her oils to another nice lady.



This is Stephen Chesley and admirers surrounded by his landscapes.

No comments: