Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Black God Series II

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10060630@N06/sets/72157600971630787/show/

Above is the link to the rest of the "Black God" series. I've finished all of them...I've finished the last piece for the solo exhibition at Francis Marion University. Hopefully, I'll have the photos soon. I also finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows I don't generally read much fiction...it consumes me. My mind cannot freely function when in the midst of a good story. Everything becomes difficult, work, sleep, even embroidery; my head is in the book. Thus, I had to finish this one...even if it did take until 2:30 AM. Now, with everything done, I can begin my month long exploration of creating "back grounds"..."complex clothes" while thinking about a new series.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I really like they way you combined the book pages with imagery and framed them with beads and papers. I also like how the pages are still legible, unlike many altered books.