Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Screenprinting Classes



Nick and Sara recently graduated from the University of South Carolina with degrees in art. They had enough guts to open a business and have done some great work. I especially liked their Indie Grits Film Festival poster and the two skateboards they contributed to the charity event that I sponsored at Gallery 80808. I noticed their business cards...screen printed, of course...and their flier advertising classes.

The structure and price of these classes can't last for long. Currently they are offering three sessions of three classes (6 - 9 PM for three consecutive weeks) for a mere $100...including all supplies and editions of 10 - 20 prints. Class sizes are 2 to 4 people only. Of course, I signed up Alex, Mathias, and myself. We started this evening. It was great!

There was a nice introduction, demonstration of each step, and plenty of hands-on experience. The website for all this is: http://www.thehalfandhalf.com/

We had a great time...have homework...and are quite excited about next week. I posted more images on my other blog: http://susanlenzfamily.blogspot.com/

I've included images below of the last piece for my solo exhibition at Francis Marion University. This is In Box XXXVIII. I sent off the exhibition list and arranged a precise time for delivery of the work.

In my studio, I've begun my month long odyssey to create stacks of "complete cloth" and think about a new series.



6 comments:

Alis Clair said...

That sounds a fab class. Will look at your homework in a mo.

I do love your pieces. the texture and colour are so gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Another great piece Susan! Is you're exhibition almost ready? This last days are giving me a headache, so many things to do. This class however, seems like a relaxed time. When do we see the results?

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Hi Susan, thanks for your kind comment on my blog. I love screen printing, alas have not done any yet this year. I am definitely hooked on layering techniques, in all their forms.

Your work is very inspiring, reminds me of Roman mosaics, of which there are plenty where I live. Wish you every success with your exhibition. Best wishes
Maggie

Dianne said...

I've never tried screen printing, but would love to give it a go.... I wish them every success for their new venture!!
I LOVE your exhibited piece. Your work is amazing!

SeamRippstress said...

lovely design Susan. Your work is just amazing!

Unknown said...

My mother is interested in starting screen printing...where would you recommend she go for classes?