Monday, September 02, 2013

Mat Board finally arrived!


(Above:  Stack of fiber art work waiting for ordered mat board.  Click on any image in this post to enlarge.)

Two weeks ago I forgot to order mat board for my fiber art work.  I thought this would only delay the mounting, photography, and framing of these pieces until the next delivery ... which was supposed to be a week later.  Of course this would be the time that my supplier's van broke down!
 

(Above: In Box CXIII.  Unframed:  28" x 16".  Framed: 34" x 22".  Polyester stretch velvets, previously painted heat-activated adhesive, recycled black acrylic felt substrata, metallic foiling and chiffon scarves with self-guided free-motion machine embroidery and melting.)

Believe me, I'm not really complaining.  I just had to wait ... not stand out in the heat, call expectant clients, and deal with a non-working vehicle!  Because I'm making work for the upcoming Washington Craft Show and the Philadelphia Museum of Art Craft show ... both in NOVEMBER ... I could just continue making work and adding to the stack until the mat board eventually was delivered. 

 
(Above: In Box CXIII, detail.)

Now, I have a blog post featuring LOTS OF WORK!  In two weeks I managed to stitch one large and two small "In Box" series pieces and seven skinny Lancet Windows!  (Unframed:  27" x 7"; Framed: 31 1/4" x 11 1/4".) 

 
(Above: Seven framed Lancet Windows at Mouse House!)

Drum roll please ... here they are!  Just scroll down and enlarge for details!  By the way, over the weekend I finished stitching five Lunette Window ... horizontals!  As soon as they are melted, mounted, and photographed, I'll be posting again!


(Above: Lancet Window XXXV.)


(Above: Lancet Window XXXIV.)


(Above: Lancet Window XXXII.)


(Above: Lancet Window XXX.)


(Above: Lancet Window XXIX.)


(Above: Lancet Window XXXI.)


(Above: Lancet Window XXXIII.)

 
(Above: In Box CXV.  Unframed:  14" x 10"; Framed:  18 1/4" x 14 1/4".) 



(Above: In Box CXIV.  Unframed:  14" x 10"; Framed:  18 1/4" x 14 1/4".)

4 comments:

Judy Ferguson said...

You could be a workaholic, you know. Just sayin'.

Mosaic Magpie said...

Do you ever sleep?

Sherrie Spangler said...

I love the simple matting and framing. How do you attach the work to the mat?

Wanda said...

HURRAY that the mat board finally arrived! Yes, I figured you wouldn't actually complain about something like that...you'd just keep creating. Besides, you also live by the saying, "it is what it is". Beautiful work. May favorite of the moment is Lancelot Window XXXV. Oops..I mean Lancet. But I think of knights and dragons anyway