Monday, January 06, 2014

Getting Ready for the ACC Baltimore Show


(Above:  Two Window Series pieces and two In Box Series pieces ... constructed, stitched, and on stretcher bars waiting to be melted!  Click on any image in this post to enlarge.)

I'm in high gear and using my studio time as wisely as possible.  In just six weeks Steve and I will be getting ready to drive a rental cargo van north to Baltimore for the ACC Show.  (American Craft Council.) I'm making new work, filling in gaps in my inventory, and having fun with some new designs and some new, wild colors of polyester stretch velvet ... including a neon orange that looks like it ought to glow in the dark. (I checked; it doesn't ... oh well!)


(Above: In Box CXXXI. Unframed approximately 17" x 13".  Framed:  21 3/4" x 17 3/4". $325 plus tax and shipping.  Click on image to enlarge. This is a "medium" sized piece in my In Box Series.  The others can be found HERE.) 

Sometimes I wish I followed my own organization a bit better.  Generally, I finish a piece, mount it on mat board, create the label for the back of the frame, enter the piece into my inventory book, snap photos, finish framing it, and then blog it.  By now, this ought to be routine ... but NO!  The piece above was done something like two weeks ago.  I forgot to blog it!


(Above: In Box CXXXIV, framed. Unframed:  Approximately 28" x 16". Framed:  33 3/4" x 21 3/4".  $525 plus tax and shipping.  Click on image to enlarge.  This is a "large" In Box Series piece and the other available work can be found HERE.)

A few days ago, I finished and framed In Box CXXXIV ... but forgot to snap photos until it was behind glass.  Oh well.  The links above are to my new blog for showing/selling the available work ... and it isn't totally up-to-date either.  Maybe tomorrow! LOL!


(Above: In Box CXXXII. Framed:  19 1/4" x 15 1/4". $225.  Click on image to enlarge. This is one of the "small" In Box Series pieces.  The others are HERE.)

Everything went according to plan for these two pieces (above and below).  I'll put them on the other blog ... tomorrow!  It is hard to keep up, keep making work, continue my day job framing, and remembering all the paperwork of art!  Though productive, I often feel like my working three full time jobs!  Fortunately, I love all of them!
  

(Above: In Box CXXXIII. Framed:  19 1/4" x 15 1/4". $225.  Click on image to enlarge. This is one of the "small" In Box Series pieces.  The others are HERE.

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Can't wait to see how those new Colors turn out! The designs are so beautiful. Always something fresh and new even though you are cranking them out. I don't know how you do that! Maybe you Need a personal assistant or something to help you out. It does seem that you are an Artist AND the secretary!! Baltimore is sure getting Close!!!