Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Four New Windows for the next week's Philadelphia Museum of Art Show

(Above:  Window CXLIII. Framed: 17" x 15". Inventory # 4107. $265.  Click on any image to enlarge.)

This time next week, Steve and I will be in the Pennsylvania Convention Center in downtown Philly setting up booth 107 for the Philadelphia Museum of Art Craft Show.  I have only one more, large piece to finish before that time!  Yippee!  I'm on schedule!

 (Above:  Window CXLIII. Framed: 17" x 15". Inventory # 4107. $265.)

On the trip north, we will stop at the GreenHill Center for North Carolina Art to drop off one, Large Stained Glass piece and two "Lancet Windows".  These will be part of the annual Winter Show.  This show is outstanding and I'm particularly proud to be among the very, very few non-North Carolinians invited to take part.  My gallery representation at the Grovewood Galley (Asheville, NC) and IAGO Gallery (Blowing Rock, NC) along with having a solo show at Waterworks Visual Arts Center (Salisbury, NC) brought attention to my work.
 
 (Above:  Window CXLIII. Framed: 17" x 15". Inventory # 4107. $265.)

Yesterday brought other news ... not necessarily "good" but definitely not "bad".  My work has been wait-listed for the Smithsonian Craft Show in April.  This show, along with the Philadelphia Museum of Art Show, are widely considered the finest, most prestigious, and most competitive for inclusion.  This will be my third time in Philly (which take 190 artists in all craft media from across the country.  I've never been accepted into the Smithsonian show (which take only 120 artists).  So ... I'm in limbo.  Basically, someone has to decline an acceptance or die before someone from the waiting list advances, but there is still hope!  I'm happy to know my work scored this well in the jurying process.

(Above:  Window CXLIII. Framed: 17" x 15". Inventory # 4107. $265.)

No comments: