Wednesday, February 06, 2019

HOT workshop in Seneca, SC

(Above:  HOT Workshop for the Lake & Mountain Quilt Guild of Seneca, SC.  Click on any image to enlarge.)

Monday and Tuesday were wonderful!  I presented my truck show of Grave Rubbing Art Quilts at the monthly meeting of the Lake &Mountain Quilt Guild in Seneca, SC and followed it up with a whirlwind, one-day HOT workshop.  It was lots of fun, and all sorts of marvelous, finished project went home with happy participants.  


The facilities at the Episcopal Church of the Ascension were perfect. The grounds included a an eight circuit Chartres Labyrinth.  Because I arrived early, I got to walk the path ... thankful for good weather, new friends, and for a life as an artist.

(Above:  In Box Relic CCVIII.  Framed: 9 3/4" x 7 3/4". $60.)

When conducting a workshop, I make it a point to finish every demonstration I start. This generally produces at least two pieces.  Unfortunately, I can't finish the first demonstration piece during the one-day experience.  I still have to add embroidery stitches and beads, but the small In Box Relic did get done and was put into a frame today!

No comments: