Thursday, October 06, 2022

Mandala CXXXVII

(Above:  Mandala CXXXVII.  22 1/4" x 22 1/4". Found objects hand-stitched to a block of a vintage quilt. Found objects include: a trivet; white, green, and orange plastic lids; chandelier prisms; two different sets of corn cob holders; clothespins; extra large, red checkers; shower curtain hangers; four, plastic dragonflies; four Calypso beverage lids; and assorted buttons. Click on any image to enlarge.)

I was about halfway through stitching this piece before going to Catoctin Mountain National Park for my three-week art residency.  It was finished a few days ago but wasn't photographed until the weather was a bit sunnier here in South Carolina.  Honestly, we got very little damage from Hurricane Ian.  Yet, rain and grey days prevented me from photographing my artwork.  I use the garage door and natural daylight! 

 
(Above: Detail of Mandala CXXXVII.)
 
My stash of found objects has taken over a downstairs back room.  It is a wonderful place, full of curious things.  The organization ranks somewhere between haphazard and rumbled.  It is in a constant state of distribution and compartmentalization.  I love it ... but ... there is a small problem.  I now can't remember exactly who sent what.  Lots of very nice people have contributed to this stash, sometimes a boatload and sometimes a few precious possessions ... but they are now all mixed up.  So ... please accept my apologies if you donated to my stash and I used some it but forgot to give you credit!  Also, please know that I am truly grateful to all of you!
 
 
(Above: Detail of Mandala CXXXVII.)

I'm writing this now ... mostly because I cannot for the life of me remember who gave me the cool dragonflies.  I think it might have been the same person who gave me the Calypso lids but I don't remember that either!  Sorry ... and THANK YOU!


1 comment:

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

I'm sure the "givers" just kick out of seeing how you use their "bits and bobs" - pretty colours this one with the green etc...