Sunday, January 07, 2024

Mandala CLXXVII

 
(Above:  Mandala CLXXVII. Custom framed: 21" x 21".  Found objects hand-stitched to a section of a vintage quilt.  Objects include: A vintage, aluminum gelatin mold; a ring of front rail felt punchings from my old piano; eight seed heads of artificial stalks of wheat; eight, lobster claw clasps with D-rings; yellow-gold and copper beverage can tabs; eight, Singer sewing machine stitch dials; sixteen, amber-yellow dice; four, brass clock mainspring barrels; Newcastle beer bottle caps; red Monopoly hotels; laminated Tampa Nugget cigar bands; orange, syringe needle safety covers; chandelier prisms; assorted buttons and beads.  Click on any image to enlarge.)

Since Christmas, I've been stitching every evening.  I just haven't had time to blog the work that was finished until now!  This is the fourth Found Object Mandala.  In a minute, I will write another blog post featuring Lost & Found XIII.  With any luck, I'll be finishing another mandala later tonight.  Stitching is my best way to cope with the stress of moving, the frustrations with the contractor's slow progress, the worries over the sale of Mouse House (our home/business), and the demands of packing.  I really don't know how other people manage trying times without the passion for embroidery!  Many people remark that I must have the "patience of Job" to stitch so much.  I just smile ... because I know that the only way for me to find patience is by pulling a threaded needle through fabric (and ... apparently ... holes drilled in found objects! LOL!)



 

No comments: